This was a project for my Design Fundamentals (Typography) course at uni.
The assessment was to hand-letter our names and then vector them so that they are digitized.
I initially experimented with keeping the words on a flat plane but began to mess around with shaping it into a circle to mimic a seal-type emblem. I love the way the letters are fit together and seem to flow smoothly around each other.
I also played around heaps with what parts of my name to draw; we had to include at least two parts of our name. I finally settled on my given, middle, and surname.
After vectoring the words in black, I ended up adding a second, light pink layer behind to give it depth and add interest.